Thursday, March 31, 2016

That 70s dress

I'm not sure why I haven't posted about this dress sooner.  I cut it out MONTHS ago and it sat there in its gallon Ziploc on my sewing table until February when I sewed it up for The Monthly Stitch's UFO challenge.  But I didn't get the photos done in a timely manner and I missed February by a week and didn't want my first post there to already be late.

So now here I am finally posting about this dress.


 This is the SisBoom Meghan Peasant Dress made out of a cotton jersey blend knit from a past knitfix.


The fabric definitely screamed "70s!" at me.  So I thought this pattern would be good, especially with the bell sleeves.  I actually ended up chopping several inches off the length because when I tried it on before I hemmed it, I thought it would look the part better as a mini.


It came together pretty fast.  I'm not sure why I took so long to sew it up.  Probably because it called for bias tape for the sleeve gathers and that sounded like work.  But it was super simple.

I have yet to wear this dress in public.  I imagine I eventually will.  I'll probably pack it with me on our trip to Disneyland this next week with some shorts to wear under it, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment